Rising prices and taxes
Since last week, the authorities have raised prices in the following industries:
- state-owned sugar factories Türkiye Şeker Fabrikaları A.Ş. reported a 10 percent rise in prices for their products, including sugar and ethyl alcohol
- the tax rate increased from 3 to 10 percent for electric vehicles with an engine power of 85 kilowatts
- the tax rate increased from 7 to 25 percent for electric vehicles with engine power from 85 to 120 kilowatts
- for electric cars with engine power over 120 kW the tax rate increased from 15 to 60 percent.
- the cost of traveling from one continent to another under water will now be 26 percent more expensive.The cost for cars increased from 36 to 46 liras, and from 54 to 69 lira for minibuses.